Monday, September 15, 2008

Looks like Dad needs a new truck

We bought a new truck last week. After a great deal of research on Will's part and as little as possible on mine, Will decided on the truck he wanted. A 2008 Toyota Tacoma, double cab, sport edition, white. For months now I have been asking Will to stall on buying a new truck. With the end of my car payments in sight I thought it would be best to finish one loan before starting a new one - novel idea I know. Then suprisingly, Emma cheerfully announces one day "Looks like Dad needs a new truck" Clever girl, she noticed that the four of us couldn't fit into the 3 seater we currently own. Since I was already getting my oil changed at Reno Toyota I suggested we look and see if they had any on the lot and what the price was. Well, two hours later and no new vehicle, we left feeling a little disgruntled. Reno toyota basically said we missed the boat, no way were we going to find what we were looking for this late in the car selling year. The closest match was in Washington and that wasn't economical for them to trade. Welcome Challenge! I don't know what it is but I hate being told I cannot do something. So I sweetly suggested the next morning that we should just stop by and look at Fallon Auto Mall on our way to drop the kids off at daycare and see what they have, and then we'll check out Carson City. Cruising around the lot before hours we find the truck Will wants but in Silver. I volunteer to call Carson and see if they have it in white, nope. So, a few hours later....We are the proud owners of a silver 2008 toyota tacoma double cab. Pictures to follow.
p.s. Emma loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails