Friday, October 23, 2009

Predictable Me

I really need to start being less predictable.

Twice this week I have jinxed myself.

First, I took it upon myself to fix one of my robots at work. Two screws and a little methanol that's all I needed to do a little routine maintenance. I can handle that. Whilst taking out the first screw I was thinking to myself "I can't believe I'm using an old fashioned screwdriver here, this is risky business. I really should request one of those fancy new, magnetized screwdrivers. What if I drop this screw down into the robot? That would be sucky. Its okay, I'll just be super careful"

And then.....

tink, tink, tink

"Oh crap!"

I have scoured all possible screw-landing-sites. It's not to be found. really. I even got out the flashlight and the mirror to look in the little nooks and crannies - hopefully it doesn't get stuck somewhere and cause some serious damage.

That was yesterday. This is today.

Remember these guys? Innocent little glass Hamilton syringes that get mercilessly accordioned into all kinds of shapes. After started yet another GC sample (remember - my 50 minute run time leash?) I was cleaning out the syringe and was thinking "Wouldn't it be horrible if I dropped one of these puppies on the ground? I bet it would smatter into eleventy-billion pieces. Let's not do that shall we" And just like that, I was turning it around in my hand to put it back in its box and I dropped it.

"Wah!"

So anyway, I'm not going to predict any more bad things. I'm a little too accurate for my liking these days. While I'm at it, "Wouldn't it be amazing if I found a million dollars?"

A girl can dream right?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails