Monday, March 22, 2010

Thoughts from the Sky


I am not home.
Are you missing me?
(don't answer that - I will just assume that's a yes)

Yesterday was travel day. As I lay in my hotel bed trying to fall asleep (I should have loaded some good, old fashioned comedy on my mp3 player so I'd have someone familiar to sing to me to sleep), I reflected on the day. It was loooong. In summary:


1. Next time I am scheduled for 12 hours in transit (including time changes) I might not drink quite so much coffee in the morning. Maybe. Probably not though. For the record I only awkwardly climbed over my row-mates to go to the restroom once. But that was mostly because there was too much turbulence and getting up wasn't an option.

2. The guy sitting next to me slept the whole way. All the way. Who does that? And what would you do with yourself once you reached your destination....I thought I had a hard time falling asleep last night and I didn't even nap once on the trip.

3. More Books! Seriously. I am the queen of OVER packing. Just ask my Boy. I brought my current book club read thinking it would get me through this week nicely. And I needed to get it read anyway since we are going to talk about it next week. I finished it mid-flight.....grrrr. Mid-flight. As in, I now have six hours in which I need something to entertain myself with. I didn't bring a crossword book. I didn't bring my DS. I didn't bring any gossip magazines. I didn't bring any movies for the laptop. I sucked that one up, especially considering that when it was all said and done, my 12 hour day turned into a 15 hour day.

4. I really enjoy flying. And that was a good thing yesterday. The best part, in my opinion, is the taking off and landing. It's rarely smooth, sometimes a little scary, and always a little tiny thrill. I had two plane changes. Two. And then there was lightning. A LOT of lightning. We had to circle for almost an hour while we waited for the storm to pass so we could land.

5. Sugar babies...the best travel snack idea I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails