Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How Very Un-American of Me

In an effort to be a well educated person, I have been slowly making my way through all of the literary classics that I did not read in high school.

I just finished The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I didn't like it.

Not even a little.

Enough so that I am feeling like I'd like that time in my life back so I could spend it on something more enjoyable.

But then, that's small part of me that feels the need to find the good in everything decided that I must have missed the point.  So, I wikipedia'd it.  Nope.  I don't think I missed anything. Apparently, I have missed the broad, arm waving, you must write a term paper on the amazing-ness of The Great Gatsby boat.  Because otherwise, why is it billed as the Great American Novel and ranked 2nd in the 100 greatest books of the 20th century.

So now, I will need someone to enlighten me.  Please and Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Gatsby is all about the teacher, and only if they cover the risky subjects such as sex and was Nick gay.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails