Tuesday, July 16, 2013

High Summer

My handyman's creation
The watermelon punch was a big hit with the bunco girls this weekend.  We (and by we I mean the boy) scooped out all the watermelon, ran it through the juicer and then added it back in with coconut rum.  It was a bit of work but worth it for the fun factor.
 

 
 
Tough Mudder returned to Tahoe last weekend.  Andi, was the first person by my side when I fell last fall.  She carried me to the aid tent since I couldn't walk.   Yesterday, Andi returned to do battle again. And since I am not back to 100%, I got to tag along sharpie style.
 
 
 
What to do when the girlchild is away and you find yourself feeling a little bit lost...you bake.  The good way with flour, sugar, and heavy cream ( I made this ).  I think this is only the second time I have made a dessert this year that wasn't paleo. 
 
 
And then we celebrated my mama's birthday with strawberry shortcake.  Apparently she is embracing her senior citizenship these days.  All my childhood when asked what her age was she'd tell us 17.  Until we started being able to do the math and realize that was impossible.  Well now, when my kids ask her how old she is, her response is "105".  Really?!  One hundred and five? 
 
Me?  I think I'm sticking to 25 indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails