Monday, July 26, 2010

Sword of Truth Series

Finished!

I am finally finished with Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.  It was a long journey.  I wish now that I would have made a mental note of when I started Wizard's First Rule so many months ago.  I honestly can't remember.  I think it was late summer last year or early fall.

It has been quite an adventure.  I have gotten lost in worlds beyond my own.  Traveled from Westland through the Midlands, toured the people's palace in D'Hara, envisioned the confessor's birthplace in Aydindril, compared the Palace of the Prophets to the largest libraries I've known, wondered what it would have been like to be a child growing up in the Wizard's Keep.  I've encountered many characters along the way including the Mud People, Sisters of the light & dark, the Keeper, and the pristinely ungifted people.

I've fallen in love again and again with Nicci and Cara.

If you haven't read the series yet but have watched the television series.....let me just tell you.....Darken Rahl, is only a drop in the bucket of bad guys.

As I was finishing the last book it was announced that coming soon there will be another book in the Richard and Kahlan Series titled, Omen Machine.  Now I have a little something more to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. I started reading the books 2 weeks ago, I'm finished with the first and I'm in the half of the second. It's addictive!

    I had to comment coz you said you felt in love again and again with Cara and Nicci. In the books Cara hasn't appeared yet, but I'm watching the second season too and I love her :D Nicci was surprising in one of the episodes from the series but I still don't know much about her.

    I feel like I am starting a huge adventure that will last for a while... I hope I finish reading this before the 12th book comes out... I wanna get some the excitment of waiting for a new book. :D

    Well, I loved what you wrote here about the books. And now I am off to read about Ebinissia's massacre. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails