Monday, December 27, 2010

Six Days

My little guy was born six days before Christmas. Six days. 


















This time of year holds memories now, not just of the anticipation of Christmas and the joy of the season, but also blurry memories of late nights, round the clock feedings, snuggling by the fire and watching the Christmas tree lights twinkle with a sleeping baby tucked gently in the crook of my arm.


This is Bobbo's first ornament.  I might need to keep it for myself after he's grown.  It's hard not to look at it without getting teary eyed and wishing for babies brand new all over again.

"How delightful," Said Pooh, To be so brand-new"




"A Baby is always doing something brand-new," said Piglet.

"I suppose that's what makes a baby so special," said Pooh. "That and being so huggable and sweet."


p.s.  Nat the fat Rat puts that feeling into words so much better than I do, here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails