Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Name is Memory

If you loved The Time Traveler's Wife I predict will devour this book.  I know I did.  I loved it from the first chapter and couldn't put it down.  That hasn't happened since oh say....the last Harry Potter or Eclipse.

My Name is Memory was written by Ann Brashares.  The same author as the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.  It chronicles the lives of Daniel.  Daniel is a rare soul in that he remembers all the many lives he has been born into.  There are a handful of others like him in the world and he encounters them from time to time.  It's also the story of his encounters with his love, who does not remember him from life to life.  She has been many people, but the story revolves around her life as Sophia and present day Lucy.  Their time together is interrupted by disease, war, other people.

I loved absolutely every bit of the book except that it's a cliff hanger.  I wish I would have known that going into the book.  Rumor on the googlebox is that it is a potential trilogy?  With no titles or publication dates or confirmation from the author.  I hope that there is at least another book, otherwise my imagination is going to run wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails