Friday, January 24, 2014

off the cuff

I made a pair of really cute, felted slippers for my sister for Christmas.  And then I went and gave them to her without taking one single picture of the finished project.

Doh!

I liked them so much I decided I need my own pair, so I guess there is still a chance for redemption.

After pouting, stomping about, and declaring I don't even love him, Bob said I could make it up to him by knitting him a hat that looks like Magna Charge (for those of us not in the know, here's a picture)

Ummm...clearly he has a lot more faith in my skills than I do.

And I could find nothing that looked like a pattern to follow online.



Here is what I came up with.  The hat was made on one of those circular looms (only because I was trying to teach Emma how to use it).
The eyeball is crochet AND glow in the dark....you really should be doubled impressed here!
And the magnet through the head is I-cord with pipe cleaners stuffed inside it.

Not too bad for having no idea what I was doing, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails