Monday, November 26, 2012

Knee Progress - week 3


Still a little swollen - but scarring up nicely



Physical therapy - more of the same:
straight leg raises
Toe presses
hamstring curls
Hamstring stretches
Wall Slides
10 mins of recumbent bike
9 minutes of Electric stimulation standing
4 minutes of standing on the slanty wall board

It's such a process to shower/bath, but a necessary one! Standing in the shower without my brace on feels like being Linus without his blue blanket, and I am still not supposed to soak the knee so bathing is uncomfortable.  So far there has been supervision from the sister-in-law, the boy, the other sister-in-law, the girlchild and most recently my mother.  Hoping to rein in this ever growing circle of people who have been witness to my naked-ness.

Chicken leg is still looking chickeny - if I can figure out the logistics of getting a good picture it's going to happen.

I finally had time to switch out the summer/winter clothes in my closet.  I found my tough mudder technical tee thrown in the back of my running shelf.  I had forgotten I sweet talked the medic man into driving my broke-knee self to the finish line so I could get my t-shirt.  Haven't decided if I 'earned' the right to wear it yet or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails