Thursday, November 8, 2012

One week post surgery

Week one by the numbers:

sister-in-law assisted baths - 2
times I whacked my head on the nephew's top bunk - 3
longest time I've gone between pain pills - 6.5 hours (that's progress!!)
band aids used to keep staples clean and dry - 30
times I've threatened Bob I'm going to spank him with my crutch - 4
Times I actually spanked Bob with my crutch - 0
times I've been to physical therapy - 3
number of ebay purchases I've made from the couch - 1 (one's still pending)
number of downton Abbey episodes I watched on netflix - 6
number of black widows that had to be dealt with - 2
number of pieces of Halloween candy stolen out of the kid's candy bags - too many to count


It's been one week since my ACL surgery.  To be honest I really thought I'd be moving around a lot more than I am by now.  The handful of trips I've made into Reno for follow ups and physical therapy leave me exhausted and ready for a nap.  I thought I'd be so bored that I'd spend all my time reading but I keep falling asleep mid page.

Still working on the whole using crutches thing.  Someone told me that if you learn to use crutches as a kid then it's like riding a bicycle and it comes right back to you.  If you're first experience with crutches is as an adult, you are basically screwed.  I think I have finally mastered the up and down of the two steps at my front door though.

The electro-shock therapy at PT...I know it's necessary but I don't like it!

The boy has been gone for the last 5 days for work, so I have floated from mother-in-law to sister-in-law's house.  There have been tasty comfort foods, warm sponge baths, and lots of naps.  Thank goodness!


Last hot breakfast before I went home to my own place

Last night I spent the night at my own house with both kids by myself for the first time since surgery.   The house is a little messy but we all survived!

I'm off to do my leg exercises.  Here's to hoping that there's a lot more progress in week 2 and a lot less of a need for prescription strength pain medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails