Friday, April 5, 2013

The Road To There Goes Through Here

Week 7 - 115 degrees flexion and 3 miles at one time on the recumbent bike.  And a fleeting thought as the physical therapist is bending and pushing on my knee, and I'm trying and failing not to cry....being able to bend my knee is highly over-rated.

Week 8 (two months) - added 4 inch step downs, 60 lbs on leg presses and squats to chair level to the rotation.


My two perma screws and one dissolving screw


Week 9 - added single leg toe presses, bridges, and 60 lb on leg presses with the wobble board.  125 degrees flexion, I should be at 130 by now...eek.  Have to work on it.

Week 10 - 130 degrees flexion without much trouble.  Yay!  10lbs added to the leg extensions.  And the therapist's encouragement "you may feel like you aren't making very much progress but in the long run it's better to go slow and steady about regaining strength".


Week 11 - 70 lbs on the leg press, 5 minutes on the balance board.  Done with leg brace now too.  Which makes stairs a lot easier!  It was always slipping down before.

Week 12 - Walking backwards, 6 inch step downs, stairs, stairs, stairs.

Week 16 - 80 lbs on leg press, balance board with ball toss, walking backwards, crab walking with resistance band.  I have 145 degrees flexion now.  Taking the next 4 weeks off, then it will be back to therapy to re-learn how to run safely.

Can I run yet?  how about now?  now?

5 months - My right quad is stronger but still not the same as my left.  New homework assignments:
-Jumping with feet together.  It's not how far I jump that matters most but landing as softly as possible.
-90 degree squats using an exercise ball
-90 degree squats on one leg
-110 lbs on leg press

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails