Friday, April 5, 2013

These Is My Words



These is My Words (written by Nancy Turner) was another runner up book club choice.  The second I finished it, I wanted to read it again.  Like right then.  I enjoyed it that much.  But my to-read list gets longer every day, and who has that kind of time really?  Here I am a week later and I'm still thinking about reading it again.  I've also learned that there are two more books in the series.  I was sorry to see that there is not a box set of them yet.  That would have sealed the deal for me to buy them right now.

These is My Words, is written journal style and chronicles the life of Sarah Agnes Prine, as her family travels from New Mexico to the Arizona territory in the 1880s.  It describes the struggles of being a pioneer and the clashes with Indians along the way.  The first 20 pages are filled with heart break and loss but if you can get through those you will not want to put the book down until you have read every last page.

Anyone who is a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan will enjoy this book.  It is Little House on the Prairie and These Happy Golden Years all rolled into one book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails