Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rails to Trails

Second half marathon this year - check

I beat my first half marathon time by 9 minutes.  Pretty excited about that.  I feel like I could have/should have run the course faster though.  I will admit I got pretty tired the last two miles and had to push myself.  But I didn't really train as much as I should have for this race.

What's that you're shouting in my ear, ghost of Coach Cole? Garbage in, Garbage out.

Yeah, I know....and I solemnly swear to practice more for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon.  Mostly because I plan on stopping and taking pictures with the Disney characters this time so I will need to be extra speedy!

This course has special meaning to me.  The Bizz Johnson trail is an old railroad converted to a trail for feet, bicycles, and horses.  Our family has spent many camping adventures at Goumaz.  I've bicycled up and down the trail several times but this was my first ever foot race there.  Even with the lanterns in the train tunnel to light the way I still got a little spooked and found myself wishing I was out the other side.  It's hard to run faster when you can't see the path in front of you. 

I'm off, to get a few more miles under these feet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails