Sunday, September 23, 2012

I went to the mudder

And she bested me.  But I had such a great time getting my booty kicked. 
Here are just a few pictures of the day.  I'm off to shower and scrub the gravel out of my elbows. 


That's me in red, assessing the ring situation.  I assessed poorly.
 Ended up swimming.

Halfway done.  Yay!

Some of American Savage.
It's only pipes filled with water and barbed wire above, no big deal.

Quick photo break


Still have a little more scrubbing to do on my number.  Can you tell which knee is swollen?


Even though I didn't get to finish the course (I buckled my knee on obstacle #14 at mile 8) I accomplished quite a bit and am happy.  Plus I got to ride in the medical vehicle down the mountain and have hot chocolate with the EMTs. Experiencing a little bit of the behind the scenes action of the race.  I think the EMT girl could tell I was frustrated and trying not to cry, she drew me the sweetest, sharpie heart across the tape of my knee bandage.  It's the little things in life.

Should the opportunity arise again, you can be I'll be settling the score with the Tough Mudder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails