Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sex on the Moon

Did you hear the story about Thad Roberts?  How he and a couple accomplices stole moon rocks from NASA in 2002 and attempted to sell them on the Internet?

I picked up this book because I knew it was a true story and I had really enjoyed Ben Mezrich's Accidental Billionaires.  As I read through the book, I kept coming back to the same question.  How did I miss this news story at the time? 

The book details how Thad became a co-op at NASA in Houston and how the heist was planned, carried out, and the FBI sting that followed. 



The story moves pretty fast and would be a good read for a weekend vacation or the next time you travel by air.  And then you'll know all the major facts of the great moon rock heist, for the next time you appear on Jeopardy of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails