Thursday, October 16, 2008

Old Will Woolsey had a farm



Old Will Woolsey had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.
And on this farm he had some......CHICKENS, E-I-E-I-O.

Hee hee, I just called him old (But he is getting there). Yep, that's right, check that one off Will's I need to do before I die list. We acquired 6 chickens from a friend of a friend. It put a big of strain on the schedule for September, because we had to take them right away and we didn't have a pen built yet. So, Will worked feverishly to get a functioning pen built - he is still putting the finishing touches on it.

Emma loves the chickens, I hear Will and her arguing all of the time about who's chickens they really are. Will has named the cute little Rooster Dobby. Then there's Big Red. The others aren't named yet. Emma goes out every evening when we get home from daycare to throw scratch and collect eggs. It has been a little trying to explain that you cannot crack and eat the fresh eggs. She thinks all eggs come hard-boiled. So we've had a few casualties but they are becoming more rare.




The rooster crows every morning just about as early as Bobby likes to wake up. They're going to be best friends I can tell.

So, as Emma would say, "Get your own chickens, Dad."

1 comment:

  1. According to Grayson, two things come from Cows....Milk...and Chicken.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails