Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I love to hate the snow

When it starts snowing outside and I'm sitting at my desk at work, chances are I will start to cry.  Not really.  But I want to.  I will spend the rest of the time alternating between looking out the window praying the snow will stop or checking my email to see if they've called a snow day yet.  It makes me wish I had my own personal driver who would shuttle me to and from work so I don't have to worry about slippery roads, four wheel drive, or other crazy drivers.


Truth be told, I enjoy the snow.  I enjoy it most from the warmth of my favorite Nintendo chair parked by the fireplace.  But, I do enjoy playing in it as long I have the appropriate warm, waterproof gear on.

Excited enough to dive over the hand rail just to get in the snow






We took the kids to a little hill in Truckee for some good old-fashioned, free exercise and fun.


The boy at the bottom, Bobbo climbing back up
















After a while, the children claimed they couldn't possibly make it back to the top of the hill because they were so so tired.  Good thing we brought the Daddy!





1 comment:

  1. i feel just the same way about snowy commutes. i don't rest until all family members are home, safe and sound. i feel better knowing some other adult feels a bit like i do...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails