Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring and things



A perfect sunrise on our sleepy street

The photo above doesn't do the sunrise justice.  It really was awe inspiring.  Inspiring enough that I absolutely needed to scoop the boy-child up (toothbrush still in his mouth) and hustle him out into the yard so we wouldn't miss it. 

Other news around the yard: 
There are fresh cut daffodils on my mother's table
The hyacinths are nearly blooming
The entire backyard is a slippery, slimy mud puddle....don't even think about going out there
Group runs have begun to gear up for the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey (did I mention this run was on my bucket list)
I started knitting a pair of fingerless gloves, judging by my current pace they'll be ready just in time for next winter
I've been reading some pretty good books
Swim lessons are in full swing

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails