Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Tao of Pooh



If you have not guessed by my blog home, I'm kind of a little in love with all things Winnie the Pooh.  Old, original Winnie the Pooh, not the newer Disney version.  Of course.

I came across a random comment on a random facebook post one day about the Tao of Pooh and I realized that I had not known about this book.



I am not anywhere close to a philosophy major but I still enjoy a good purpose of life book every now and again.  It was filled with snippets of original Pooh stories along with what I think is a perfect representation of what it would be like to try to have a conversation with Pooh.  There were interruptions, thoughts of honey, appearances by all the major characters, and in the end the realization that Pooh just IS.

My favorite line from the book:

Those that think that the rewarding things in life are somewhere just beyond the rainbow --
"Burn their toast a lot," said Pooh.

How did he know, I wonder, that I am always burning the toast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails