Thursday, August 22, 2013

Disneyland in the summer time

Next time I come here and say, oh hey I'm thinking about going to Disneyland in August, please allow a moment of silence and give me that look.  There is a reason why the last time we went to Disneyland in August was 11 years ago. 

It.
was.
hot.
and.
crowded.



But to be fair.  Even a hot crowded day at Disneyland is better than not being at Disneyland.  And you know what?  The line for the Winnie-the-Pooh ride....still just 5 minutes.


 


As a kid, I might have ranked the Jungle Cruise ride right next to the Tiki Room at the bottom of my favorites list.  Judging by the kids faces as they listen to the guide, I'd guess they feel the same way.  But the older I get the more I love it.  I "get" every one of their jokes now.




By the last day, Bob was pretty sure he should get to decide which rides we go on and in what order.  Turns out no one else felt the same way.  So the burrito and I hung out in the shade of the carousel while everyone else rode Pinocchio. 






And then we did some street dancing and scored some beads.  It's the little things I love the most about being here.




We also repeated the Medieval Times show (Not Disneyland I know, but close-ish!).  We got yellow knight, again.




 
 
The kids were so taken with the show they ate zero bites of their dinner, again.
But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails